Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pop Spots Shawl

The first time I saw the Pop Spots Shawl pattern I knew I had to make it.  I had wanted to try Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift for ages and my Mum loves blue and green so I just had to choose which blue and green. This was not easy, they have an amazing range of colours to choose from. In the end I went for celtic and admiral navy and I used eesit for the spots.
I was a bit worried about following the instructions to make the spots, but there is a tutorial on the Loop blog and one on YouTube and it really is quite easy.
I loved knitting this pattern and loved the finished shawl. It's not often I really want to knit something twice, but I'd love to make myself a yellow and cream version. More details on ravelry.



5 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG Gorgeous. Really really gorgeous!

Sew Surprising said...

Gosh you knit fast hhahahah Id still be casting on a month in hahhaha. Love the colours, green is a favourite everytime :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

There is so much to love about this shawl -- the dots and the edging and of course you can never go wrong with blue and green. I love how you try new things. Looking forward to your yellow and cream version.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that's beautiful Kate! I love the blue and green together!!!

Sue said...

So pretty Kate. What a wonderful gift for your mum. I cannot wait to see how your version turns out too.