Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Win Some, Lose Some

I have had this pattern in my stash for a little bit and I finally got around to making it. It is a mail order pattern #4606. All of the mail order patterns I have seen have great instructions and go together really well, this was no exception. If you are 6ft tall and whippet thin, this would be the perfect pattern for you. Alas, I am neither and on my me it looked like I was an odd box shape. I have a few more vintage patterns ready to try, hopefully more suited to my body shape so I'm crossing fingers I have something wearable soon.
 
I pieced a few favourite bits of fabric together at the start of the year and am finally hand sewing. I was completely unsure about this, but the more I stitch the more I am loving it.


1 comment:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm definitely loving it. Amazing how all of the vintage patterns show ladies with tiny waists and I'll bet they never exercised a day in their life. :o)