Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lola

After seeing so many great Lola dresses around I made one. I printed it out a couple of weeks ago, but sticking it together can only be done at night now Olive spends her days destroying everything. I finally did it the other night. Organising the pattern took nearly as long as sewing it. It really is a great pattern, all the pieces fit perfectly, the explanations are clear and as it can all be done on the overlocker it is quite quick to make.
I used some  fabric I found on the clearance table at Spotlight, no idea what it is, I don't love it, but it was less than $5m, so great for trying a new pattern.
I love the big pockets on it, but not sure I'll use them, I think I would like to try and make one without the pockets or the band at the bottom.
This was my first time sewing a pattern from a Victory pattern, I really enjoyed it and I'd have no hesitation in trying another one.

 


8 comments:

bec said...

Looks mighty comfy!

Christine said...

It looks very stylish - you keep inspiring me to sew for myself.

thornberry said...

I love it Kate! Looks fantastic, and I bet you'll enjoy wearing it. I'm planning on making another one sooner rather than later. And yes, we really do have similar body shapes, I think - that Anna dress is going to be an interesting "experiment" for me.

kinkatink said...

Brilliant - I just bought some bargain knit fabric. This is the perfect dress to make with it. Thanks so much.

And yours looks great btw.

rachelmp said...

it looks great and that fabric is a winner too. I've made two of these dresses in windcheater fabric but they are a bit thick but would also like to try it without the pockets and band. Great pattern and cute with your boots too :)

Eliisa said...

Looks so warm and comfortable dress. My body wouldn´t like so good in it, cause I have wide hips :) - And your boots are just great with it. I really like your boots too, "These Boots Are Made for Walkin" :)

Anonymous said...

Love this too Kate

Joy said...

This is wonderful! I think this is the first Lola I've seen in a print. You have me inspired...