Thursday, July 04, 2013

Ottobre Overalls

I always think I prefer to sew with patterns that have lots of diagrams. I like to get a quick overview of how it is made and know what is the next step at a glance. But I love to sew from Ottobre patterns. There are no diagrams and despite being a Finnish magazine the instructions in English are excellent, so much so that I usually just start sewing without reading them through. I don't think I have been disappointed yet.
 This pattern was no exception. It is from Ottobre 6/2009.
 I used some sweater fleece I bought from the Ottobre shop on Etsy and some ribbing from Craftymamas. One thing I find really hard to find in Australia is good sweater knit. I have bought some nice plain coloured stuff at Textile Traders, but finding nice printed sweater knit is nearly impossible. I'd really love to find some simple spots and stripes so I can make nice jumpers and jackets for the girls.
 My first success at an invisible zipper. It went in nearly perfectly the first time.
 This is a great winter pattern, it has kept Olive warm all day. I think it would be great in a plain colour with contrasting ribbing and zipper.


 From one success to a bit of a disaster. Who would have thought you could cut your finger so badly it needed stitches while cutting up butter? That's what I did last night. Crossing my other fingers that is heels quickly.

10 comments:

Bianca said...

I have that Ottobre and have always wonderd about the overalls but lamented the lack of good patterned knits here. They look great though, so I think I'll go searching further afield so I can have a go. Thanks!

bec said...

That is the cutest pair of overalls EVER! Wnat it in my size....

Chrissy said...

Ouch! Hope it heals up soon. However, you do have a cute fleece clad baby to make you smile. That outfit is gorgeous!

Ruth said...

Cute outfit on your adorable little girl! Sorry about your finger...I hope it gets better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Ouch that looks sore. Hope it heals quickly. Louise

Sue said...

Ouch! I hope the finger heals very soon. I love Olive's overalls and that material is always nice and warm. I think it would be great for pj's.

jules said...

Oops! It's always when I'm doing those little things that I hurt myself ;) take care hope it heals quickly!!

Xx

knitgirl66 said...

Hope that your finger heals soon so that you can keep on making beautiful outfits for your girls. You weren't cutting the butter with a chainsaw, were you? ;)

our shabby cottage said...

Good Grief, I hope your finger heals quickly! Love the overalls too, she looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love all that you've been making. Hope the finger is better now???