Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sidekick Tote

I have needed a new bag for a while, but a small lip gloss incident recently meant I desperately needed a new one. I'm a messenger bag type of person. I need my bag to go across my body so I don't have to worry about it falling off my shoulder. The Sidekick Tote was perfect.
It is a great pattern, each step is explained well and the finished product is just what I needed. I made the largest size. I used a black and white fabric that I think is half linen from Spotlight a few years ago. I used some Denyse Schmidt for the lining and some Stamped by Kokka for the pocket. I can be a bit lazy when it comes to using interfacing at times. If I think I can get away with not using it, I won't, but I used the recommended interfacing, Pellon SF 10, and it was worth it. So smooth and nice to work with.
I had a roll of black polyproylene webbing so I used that for the handle which saved a bit of time and is easy to clean if it gets dirty.
If you need a new bag I definitely recommend this pattern.



7 comments:

bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bec said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours. I think I must have made the small, yours looks so much bigger against your body! And i'm getting to the desperate state for a new bag, or hoping to soon at least- I bought the Super Tote pattern too and think it will be a good one for work.haha

Christine said...

I love it and I have been wanting a new bag.

Chrissy said...

That looks an amazing bag. I love your fabric choice too.

Annie said...

I can feel a new bag coming on!

Chookyblue...... said...

great bag....

Lulu said...

Gorgeous, I am v jealous :)