Friday, March 15, 2013

Good Finds

I never seem to have much luck op shopping. I find the odd book I want now and then or some nice old cups or plates. Because I never seem to find anything I don't tend to go that often. Today as I drove past I found myself thinking I really did need to go in. So I doubled back and this is what I found. I have wanted one of these since I was about 8  or 9. I think it has only missing one plate and it cost me a whole $2. I can't promise, but I  might even share it with the girls.

 I also found some great patterns and a couple of books on Machine Knitting. This  lot cost $4.50.

I also had another great find this week in the little old school craft shop in town. I love this shop it is not very big, but I usually find exactly what I need in there and also things I don't know that I need. The ladies are lovely and very helpful. Yesterday I found this snap setter. I tried it last night and it worked perfectly!

11 comments:

bec said...

Typical- a bathers pattern at the op shop AFTER buying on Ebay. Bloody Murphy!

Anonymous said...

I had fashion plates! I loved it, oh so much. My younger daughter would be beside herself...Thanks for reviving that memory, now I just need to find it on Ebay...

Suzy said...

I had Fashion Plates too! What a great haul.

Annie said...

I like the look of that snap setter. I am a bit hit and miss at the op shops.

Sarah said...

I soooo wanted fashion plates when I was 8 or 9! I was jealous of the girls who had them. And then I found the modern repro version of them at Kmart in December so I bought them for my daughter who is 9! Of course they are not as good as the 80s ones ;)

Naturally Carol said...

I gave Fashion Plates to my daughter when she was young, they were well used. I can't remember what happened to them..we probably gave them away when she got older! I haven't seen or really thought about them until now.

Gretchen said...

I had those fashion plates when i was a kid - I'd forgotten all about them, but i do remember loving to sit with colored pencils to create all the looks. thanks for the great reminder of childhood!

Kirsty said...

Ah, Fashion Plates! Love them. I had these as a child, and they now live at the Mum's house for my own girls to enjoy when they visit her. I agree about not sharing, I love that little black crayon holder that you rub over the plates.

Sue Rostron said...

Hi Kate, stumbled across these cute patterns and always enjoy seeing what you make your lovely girls.
http://ifeelcrafty.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/pattern-anthology/
And I have nothibg to do with the makers, I swear!

Anonymous said...

You've found some great things at the op shop :)

Suz said...

Oh wow - I had fashion plates as a child and have thought of them a few times as an adult thinking my eldest daughter would love them!!