Wednesday, October 10, 2012

More on Nappies


The nappy I made last month fits Olive pretty well at the moment. I won't say it is perfect, I think it might be nearly impossible to make the perfect all in one cloth nappy which never leaks, but so far this pattern is doing well. I have made a few more and they are much better fitting and a lot smaller than the traditional cloth nappies you have to fold yourself (we do have quite a few of these and use them). We have had a couple that leak so we are going to use an extra cover over the top and see if this stops it. We used Tots Bots covers with Eva and I can count on one hand the number of times they leaked and this was usually when we didn't put it on right. I am pretty happy with these though, they aren't hard to sew (just a little boring to sew to be honest) and it is much cheaper to make these than buy them, so I will definitely be making more and using them.
 I found the best message stuck to my computer this morning.

6 comments:

Suz said...

Wow.. I haven't looked at your blog for a while and missed the fact that you were pregnant and now you have a new daughter! Congratulations. I have three little girls myself. Olive is a lovely name. THe nappies look great. I made a few when I was pregnant with my first daughter but they were just made of flannelette. I ended up buying some second hand waterproof ones in really good condition which I've used for all three girls.
Take care . Suz

Anonymous said...

That note is so cute! I love the new fabrics and cant wait to see what you make with them :)

Annie said...

All power to you Kate...love the nappies and the note

Jessica said...

The Very Basic All in One diaper pattern is the best! No leaking, because the PUL turns in so well on the legs. http://www.verybaby.com/very-basic-all-in-one-diaper-pattern-pdf-download/

Eliisa said...

Wow, so sweet nappies. I love colors and fabric, makes feel happy ;) Hope Olive enjoys too. And what a lovely message from Grace. You must save it ♥

Rosie said...

The nappies look great. With the leaks, are the leg elastics snug enough? Is the PUL cotton or poly outer? If it is cotton, rolling the inside out may also help prevent leaks/wicking.