Friday, August 17, 2012

The Elephant in the Room

That is how I fell at the moment, like an enormous elephant. I am 34 weeks now, and have hit that stage where I need to bribe my children to put my shoes on and would just like to lie on the couch and eat dark chocolate mint tim tams in between having naps. No such luck with three other children to look after and some sewing deadlines coming up. Which really is a good thing. I need things to focus on or I end up feeling pretty anxious. 
I am not one of those calm people who deal with issues as they come up (luckily I married one of these people). No I overthink everything until I assume every problem that can happen will happen. I was so anxious when I was pregnant with the twins that we didn't buy anything for them until they were born and then I had to send Chris out to buy a pram and carseats and nothing is different this time, especially after last year where I had a very very unexpected pregnancy. (Sometimes vasectomies just do not work. At all.) And then a miscarriage and all the sadness that goes with it.
So now I am trying to keep busy, trying not to overthink everything and trying to focus on other things that need doing around here.

18 comments:

Kris said...

Keep busy! I know that helps. I'm the same. You sure are looking good. Just six weeks, it's getting exciting!

Chookyblue...... said...

i'm sure everything will be fine.......but it doesn't stop you being worried so keep busy and 6 weeks will be gone in a flash........
not sure about an elephant......just a beautiful preggy mum......

Melinda said...

Worrying is just a part of being preganant (and a parent for that matter!) and I'm sure you are all to aware. Congrats on the happy pregnancy but GULP about the vasectomy not working - I hope my husbands worked better than your hubbys!! (I would still be thrilled to be preggers even if it isn't part of our plan) :)

Anonymous said...

I know some other families where the snip did not work. I was also a worrier when I was pregnant, and the fatigue seemed to make it difficult to distinguish between real and overinflated anxieties.

Anonymous said...

PS You do not look like an elephant!

Helena said...

aww, you don't look like an elephant you look perfectly cute! If you are in Perth send me a message and we'll get some photos of that bump before it turns into a noisy, hungry little bundle.

rachelmp said...

Thinking of you Kate. You are so blessed. I can't believe that the snip was that unsuccessful!

I had a miscarriage before Maya too and I worried every minute of that pregnancy xx

Unknown said...

oh not long to go now! I am 31 weeks with my second and feeling the same way. Wish you all the best :)

Anonymous said...

you look gorgeous Kate! i love seeing photo's of baby bellies. best of luck to you all.

x

Sue said...

The only thing better than a lovely baby bump is meeting that little person when he or she arrives. Enjoy these days.

Suzy said...

I was the same - I really wanted to be a glowing, relaxed pregnant lady, but I was a bundle of nerves. Not long now though, I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well.

Nikki said...

What a beautiful belly! Love and calming thoughts to you, lovely lady... all will be well. xxx

Jules said...

You look beautiful, not at all elephantine! Take care of yourself and those nerves of yours xx

Millie said...

I too am a worrier, and also a mother of twins. We had to change our car to fit the twins and other children in, and it was not paid for, nor collected until they arrived safely.
Hoping you can worry a bit less for the next little while. Wishing you the best of luck with everything!
Interesting about the vasectomy....eeek!

Becky said...

You look wonderful, and I am sure everything will be fine. Take care and do make time for at least a few Tim Tams :)

Sue Rostron said...

If it's any consolation I'm fatter than you and there's no baby in there :-)
Hang on in there and try and get some rest while you can.
looking forward to 'meeting' the new baby.

Samantha Dennison said...

That is a beautifully unique Creative Space!

bec said...

You're a big spunk! An no emphasis on the big, either! All tummy, so you may feel like an elephant but you sure don't look like one! Sending calming thoughts, and lots of cups of tea and 'feet up' times in the day.