Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Simplicity 2152

I think this Echino fabric is some of my favourite of all time. I only bought a metre of it (I have no idea why I did not buy more) and wanted to make a skirt from it, which is difficult when I only had a small amount.
Simplicity 2152 was perfect with the bonus of having pockets. I used a denim for the pockets tops and the band and band facing and it came out the perfect length. Another Simplicity pattern with easy to follow instructions that fit together perfectly.






14 comments:

bec said...

oooh, I think I like this one more than yesterdays! I may be distracted by the fabric though, it's gorgeous! I'm such a convert to the Ecino brigade now. I like these pocket, and a GREAT smiley pic!

Unknown said...

Love this skirt! Great use of Echino!

Amanda Hunt said...

Lovely skirt, lovely fabric, lovely smile!

rachelmp said...

What a cute skirt Kate!

jo said...

Love your new skirt!

Judith said...

Love the denim trim - great idea. Super result with the skirt!!!

CurlyPops said...

I love that skirt... and it has pockets. Yippee! Off to buy it.

Cass said...

I love the skirt Kate the fabric looks great

Kris said...

Love, love, love that skirt! So much so that I want to rush out and buy that pattern. My girls would love it!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Perfect print for a skirt--fun too! Love the contrasting black for waistband and pockets. You have an amazing handmade wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous skirt. I love Echino and I have a some stashed away too. Great inspiration. Thanks for sharing and I really enjoy your blog.
Alex

Unknown said...

I *love* this skirt! the contrasting trim is fabulous!

Cathie said...

that is so cute Kate ♥

Kirsten said...

Such a lovely skirt - my favourite Echino fabric too:)