Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Weekend in Melbourne

I think I have nearly recovered from our whirlwind trip to Melbourne. The girls didn't forget us, even though they had a great time with Mum and Dad and didn't seem to miss us much.
So a quick summary of the weekend.
Wandering aimlessly around the city - I had forgotten how much fun that is.
Actually reading Saturday's papers.
I think Chris enjoyed having no plans, sleeping in, playing computer games with Paul and going to the movies.
Going out to restaurants and having great food and Gemma cooking great food for us too.
I dragged Gemma to some craft shops I really wanted to see - here are some photos of what I had to have.
Felt from Winterwood

Baby Cashmerino from Sunspun (so soft and squishy)
Fabric from Amitie
Chris and I went out to Bridge Road on Friday and it was so nice to go into Meet Me At Mikes and meet Pip.

On Saturday we dropped into My Poppet and met Cintia and saw her gorgeous new shop. I had to get these shirts for the girls. Now I have to finish a few more loads of washing and the house should be back to normal and I hope it won't be another three years before we have another trip like that.

15 comments:

Lucykate Crafts... said...

the fabric and felt you've bought look scrummy!! bet you can't wait to use them : )

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great shopping time you had, love it all, I can see alot there for the girls eventually.

dutchcomfort said...

Some wonderful shopping! Glad you enjoyed your little holiday!

Jade said...

Glad you had a great trip! Melbourne is fab for shopping and for a weekend away. The girls must've missed you.

Sue said...

Oh I used to love going to Bridge Road, but that was before I had any kids. I love the felt and will have to make my way over there to that shop. Isnt Sunspun such a lovely knitting shop too, although I havent been there since the new owners took over a while ago. I love the colors of the DB yarn, what are you going to make out of it. Sounds as though you had a wonderful holiday.

Anonymous said...

so glad you had fun! you certainly got some pretty stuff to take home!

Ali said...

Sounds very restorative! What a wonderful haul you brought back.

Chara Michele said...

It looks like you found some lovely goodies! That yarn is such a lovely color! :)

Miss Cinti - my poppet said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip! I love those shirts.

Stacey said...

Oh your weekend sounds lovely. Its such a luxury to actually read the papers on the day they are published. I find I am still reading Sunday's paper on Thursday or Friday.
Amitie and Mikes are great places to visit and I am hoping to get to My Poppet soon - especially after seeing those t shirts!!

sooz said...

You came to Melbourne and didn't stop by? I would have loved to toddle out to Winterwood with you - Isn't it the best? Glad you enjoyed our little ol town.

Corrie said...

oh oh oh I'm moving to melbourne and you've got me all excited about the type of shopping I will be doing down there!!!!!!!! looks like you had some fun! sunpsun is my favourite knitting store...ever

Anonymous said...

oooh- so much goodness! i'm so glad you had a great time away- and it looks like you did some wonderful shopping. the t-shirts for the girls are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Is that wool felt? What pretty colors! I've been looking for a good wool felt source..

Sandi