Monday, September 17, 2007

Inspired to Sew

I think I have found my sewing mojo. Chris and I are off to Melbourne this weekend to visit my sister and I was planning the craft shops I need to visit and all of a sudden I was inspired to sew again. I finished a giraffe and some platypii and planned the rest of the pig quilt.
I haven't really thought about the weekend before now, I feel a bit paranoid about leaving the girls even though I know Mum and Dad will look after them and they won't care that I will call 10 times a day to check on them.
I am starting to get excited about going now, I'm thinking of time to read on the plane, eating out, getting to craft shops I only read about on blogs and getting to touch the stuff I only ever see pictures of and time to just wander around without a double pram and two children screaming for chocolate milk (which they rarely ever have, but lately have been asking me for at least 10 times a day).


17 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

I love your little creations, so sweet and colourful.
Melx

Miss Cinti - my poppet said...

oh, if you are visiting patchwork on central park pop into My Poppet, it's not far away and i would love you to get inspired and make something for me!
Have fun this weekend

dutchcomfort said...

You are definately back on track! Lovely choices of fabric for the softies! Enjoy your trip to Melbourne!

Ali said...

I'm so excited for you - I can hear the delicious anticipation in your voice!

leslie said...

mmmm, looking forward to pics of all your shopping spoils. have a great time!

Anonymous said...

your toys are gorgeous as always - have a great weekend! sounds awesome.

tea time and roses said...

How sweet are these! and love all the happy colors... You do beautiful work. Enjoy your trip...

Smiles...

Beverly

Chara Michele said...

Oh those creatures are adorable! Hope you have a good time away!

Rebecca said...

Have a fabulous weekend (I know the exact paranoid feeling you are talking about - I get it every time) Love your latest creations!

Anonymous said...

A weekend away sounds so lovely, just the thought of a plane trip without having to entertain little ones, and to wander unencumbered through Melbourne - bliss! I'm sure your girls will have a wonderful time with their grandparents too - I'm looking forward to Thomas getting big enough to do that occasionally. The quilt is looking beautiful - it is great to make up your own pattern, your finished quilt will be so unique. I'm also in love with the blanket stitch on my machine - it looks like it's hand done, only so much neater and quicker!

Annie said...

Have a wonderful weekend!

Gina said...

Just adore your new stuff, have a fun trip!

joanne said...

everything is looking great - mojo considered back in full force!! love the quilt you are doing for your neice - it looks great. Enjoy your trip!

Ruth.... said...

oooh! down here to Melbourne! (be prepared for mega-footy fever!) Love your toys.. just beautiful. Have fun, Ruth.

meetmeatmikes said...

Oooh.. so lucky to have met you on Friday! Thanks for visiting us and hoping your stitching goes in a straight line (unlike mine!) Hope you had a wonderful time in Melbourne - I'm an ex-WA girl too - so I can completely relate to the lack of bright lights and nice shops in WA... although -there does seem to be a few! (Nice shops that is!)

karenw said...

Thank you for the hector giraffe pattern in the softies book. My 4yo picked him out (and the materials) just after he had his first asthma attack. He renamed him 'unsa munsa' and has been a constant companion ever since. keep creating and enjoy your trip.

Badecca said...

I am smitten by your platypus. They are adorable! I like your use of the Amy Butler fabric in the orange one.